Individual Psychotherapy & Counseling
You’re tired of feeling bad.
Tired of feeling depressed, anxious, sick, and always stressed out.
Individual therapy for stress and life transitions can help you cope more effectively with the demands of your day-to-day life. You don’t have to be “falling apart” or needing intensive intervention for serious mental health problems to seek help.
Psychotherapy and counseling is appropriate when you need to talk with a mental health professional who can help guide you towards better coping and management of the challenges you’re facing so you can thrive in your important life roles.
You may be feeling or experiencing:
- Anxiety, worry, and high levels of stress
- Problems with appetite or sleep
- Depressed mood/sadness
- Unexplained headaches, pains, upset stomach or GI symptoms
- Things are not fun anymore
- Irritability, anger, having a short fuse
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Feeling like you’re just not coping well
- Everything’s an effort
- Escaping into alcohol, drugs, technology, pornography, TV, food, gambling
- Poor memory or concentration
You might want to focus on:
- Improving overall coping strategies
- Adopting healthy habits of self-care
- Job challenges and career decisions
- Adjusting to a recent move
- Effective dating strategies
- Adjusting to marriage or remarriage
- Social skills development
- Parenting challenges
- Empty nest syndrome
- Co-parenting with a difficult ex
- Adjustment to college/”adulting”
- Regrouping after divorce
- Caregiver stress
- Adjusting to a new diagnosis
- Management of a chronic medical condition
- Loss or grief
Together we can develop a solid plan for helping you manage life’s difficulties, and/or deal with the more serious emotional, mental health, or behavioral issues you may be having difficulty with.
Reach out today, and we’ll get going towards optimizing your overall emotional well-being, and improving relationships with the most important people in your life.
It takes courage to know when to seek additional help for emotional and behavioral concerns. As a licensed psychologist with over 20 years of experience in the art and science of behavior change, I’m ready to work with you towards your goals. — Dr. Beth Schmit
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the self-scheduler won’t let you make a phone appointment, that means that my calendar is full. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if that happens.